Window Covering Warranties
When purchasing window treatments for your home, you want to feel reassured. We've got your back with extensive warranties for your window coverings.
Warranties for your Window Coverings
Our Custom Catalina Shutters
Desert Wind Shutters warrants workmanship and materials of custom shutters to the original purchaser as long as you own and reeside in the home in which they were installed. Paint finishes are warranted 10 years; stain are warranted 5 years. Dark tinted paints and stains are not warranted against fading.
Desert Wind Shutters uses only the best woods to build our shutters. THe beauty and nature of wood is that no two pieces are identical. Each has its own natural grain and variations. We want you to be aware of some of the characteristics of handcrafted wood shutters:
- Shutters will not create a blackout situation; a small amount of light will be visible between the louvers;
- Water and moisture will damage shutters;
- Stain colors will vary and only tones can be matched - there will naturally be darker and lighter grain;
- Sandblasted finishes can show heavy and light areas depending on the grain of the wood.
O'Hair shutters are protected by the best warranty in the industry. Their transferable lifetime warranty is good for the life of the home, not just the homeowner. This translates into real equity. It not only covers defects in materials and construction, but it also offers protection against minor wood damage from pets and other sources (see Homeowners' Transferrable Limited Warranty for details). No other shutter manufacturer provides a warranty as long-lasting or as comprehensive.
A lifetime guarantee. The Hunter Douglas Lifetime Guarantee is an expression of their desire to provide a thoroughly satisfying experience when selecting, purchasing and living with your window fashion products. If you are not thoroughly satisfied, simply contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-800-789-0331 or contact them with an email. In support of this policy of consumer satisfaction, Hunter Douglas offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty, applicable for U.S. customers only, as described below.
COVERED (BY A LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY)
- Hunter Douglas window fashion products are covered for defects in materials, workmanship or failure to operate for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the product (unless shorter periods are provided below)
- All internal mechanisms.
- Components and brackets.
- Fabric delamination.
- Operational cords for a full 7 years from the date of purchase.
- Repairs and/or replacements will be made with like or similar parts or products.
- Hunter Douglas motorization components are covered for 5 years from the date of purchase.
NOT COVERED (BY A LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY)
- Any conditions caused by normal wear and tear.
- Abuse, accidents, misuse or alterations to the product.
- Exposure to the elements (sun damage, wind, water/ moisture) and discoloration or fading over time.
- Failure to follow our instructions with respect to measurement, proper installation, cleaning or maintenance.
- Shipping charges, cost of removal and reinstallation.
TO OBTAIN WARRANTY
- Contact your place of purchase for warranty assistance.
- If you are not the original owner, we may be able to provide you with repair parts and instructions free of charge. Visit Hunter Douglas' Parts Request form and submit your request to them, or contact Desert Wind Shutters for assistance. There will be costs associated with the repair.
- Contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-800-789-0331 (9:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST) for technical support, certain parts free of charge, for assistance in obtaining warranty service or for further explanation of our warranty.
To complete your warranty registration online, visit our Warranty Registration page.
Note: In no event shall Hunter Douglas or its licensed fabricators/distributors be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages or for any other indirect damage, loss, cost or expense. The Hunter Douglas Lifetime Limited Warranty is applicable for U.S. customers only. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Different warranty periods and terms apply for commercial products and applications.